Meningie Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Meningie Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing meningie.sa.guide for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Meningie for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Meningie?
Galleries, Museums and Historical Venues in and around Meningie, South Australia
Meningie, a small town in South Australia, has a rich history and culture. Though it isn't a large city, Meningie is home to several galleries, museums, and historical venues that are worth exploring. Here is a list of must-visit galleries, museums and historical venues in and around Meningie.
1. Lakeside Gallery: Lakeside Gallery is a contemporary art gallery located on Meningie's picturesque shores. The gallery presents artwork by local and national artists, including paintings, sculptures, and photography. It is a must-visit for art enthusiasts who visit Meningie.
2. Coorong Gallery: Coorong Gallery is a contemporary art gallery situated in a building that dates back to 1947. The gallery showcases an extensive collection of artworks by established and emerging artists. The eclectic collection comprises paintings, ceramics, and digital art.
3. Dawn Wakefield Gallery: This gallery is run by a local artist and showcases a collection of her beautiful paintings, sculptures, and jewelry. The gallery is housed in a rustic building and provides a serene environment to explore and appreciate art.
1. Meningie Cheese Factory Museum: The Meningie Cheese Factory Museum offers a glimpse into the history of cheese production in the town. Visitors can learn about the cheese-making process and the importance of dairy farming in the region. The museum also displays old photographs, machinery, and tools used in the past.
2. Meningie Historical Museum: This museum is housed in a 1924 stone building and presents the history of Meningie and the surrounding area. It showcases artifacts, furniture, and archival material from the town's early days. The museum offers guided tours that provide a fascinating insight into the town's history.
1. Pink Lake: Pink Lake is a natural attraction located on the outskirts of Meningie. The lake is a unique shade of pink, caused by high salinity levels and algae in the water. Visitors can enjoy a scenic walk around the lake and take in the breathtaking views.
2. Noonameena Shearing Shed: Noonameena Shearing Shed is an original shearing shed that dates back to the 1880s. It remains mostly unchanged and provides visitors with a glimpse into the town's agricultural history. Visitors can witness a live sheep-shearing demonstration and enjoy a traditional morning or afternoon tea.
3. Salt Creek Interpretive Trail: This trail is an educational walk that showcases the diverse flora and fauna of the Coorong National Park. The trail is 2.5 km long and has several interpretive signs explaining the significance of the various plant and animal species in the area.
Meningie, though small, presents a wealth of galleries, museums and historical venues to explore. The above-mentioned attractions offer visitors an opportunity to appreciate the town's rich culture and history.
Meningie Galleries and Museums Articles